Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving and a Wedding

So the week itself is usually really boring and I have nothing to write about, so I only seem to write about my weekends. Sorry for that. This week was Thanksgiving. All of the teachers seemed to read the same story to our students about the holiday. My Basic Reading students on Friday had to write two thank-you's and we wrote ours to Emily and Penny (our secretaries) and Uncle Joe (our handyman) the reasons ranged from you help with homework to you go to 7-11 with us. They really are adorable kids.
On Thanksgiving the girls and I decided to go eat Indian food, we felt we needed to support the Indians and since we can't support American Indians in Taiwan we went with the Indian Indians. It was awesome!
Then on Saturday we went to Fengyuan, which is where the others school is that uses our program and we go to church with their teachers. We had a huge Thanksgiving feast with around twenty or so people. We had enough food for thirty or forty people. Also when you live in Asia for a long time your stomach sort of shrinks so it was hard to eat all that food. We had the traditional turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie. And the not so traditional egg rolls. We ate up the room surrounded by christmas lights and lamps. Then we had a dance party.
On Sunday Hanna, Sam, and I went to a Chinese "wedding" it was actually an engagement party, but that is usually the big party for them. It was held in a huge banquet room and the bride wore three different dresses. I won a teddy bear. There was a light show with flowers and bubbles falling from the ceiling. It was gorgeous. There was also so much food. Once again my family would be proud of me... I ate a huge prawn, red snapper, fish rice, a little crab, black chicken. It was crazy, I was so glad when they finally brought out pork and chicken. I was tired of eating mainly mushrooms. Well that is all for this week. 

No comments: