Sunday, November 22, 2009

Home Visit and Night Market

I almost didn't make it for the week, but it is only 11:06 pm, so I still have 54 minutes. This week not a lot happened. The week went as it usually does. My bike had a flat tire so I had to walk to school, then home, then the next day walk my bike to school and get a new tire. Its funny because three of us had flat tires this week. Our boss asked if someone was playing a joke on us. If they were, we did not think it was funny. 
On Friday, Hanna, Tanier, and I went to find a dumpling restaurant, but had language difficulties so we did not really get what we wanted. Then we went home at some dinner and watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. 
On Saturday Hanna and I went to Taichung with my student Joey (who always wears yellow crocs). They took us to a cool restaurant where we had our own room over the water and sat on the floor. The food was okay. But we got to feed these huge koi fish, like 5 bags of food. They bought us a tea cup and a smelling cup and the owner gave us each a book about the place. Then they took us to SOGO a giant fancy department store. Where Joey held my hand the whole time and just dragged me everywhere. It was so cute because he is only nine, talks a mile a minute, and shuffles in his yellow crocs. There they bought us donuts and ice cream. Joey got a Calpis flavored (sprite), but when Hanna asked what he got she thought he said cow piss. It was pretty funny.  The whole way home he asked me if this was my favorite home visit and what was my favorite part.
Later on Saturday, the girls, plus our friends Torry, and Andre went to Fung Jiao Night Market, the most crowded, feeling like cattle night market. We bought scarves, earrings, hats, and food. We actually found Mexican Food! It did not taste that great, but beggars can't be choosers. We finally made it home around 12:45, when I realized I had not written my Relief Society lesson, so I had to hurry and finish that. It went okay, I hope. Well that is about it for this week. 3 trips to Taichung in 24 hours = good weekend. 

No comments: