Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Two Weeks

So I have been here for about two weeks now and I have written nothing. Sorry about that. The first week I did not have Internet so it was not my fault. Anyway let me catch you up on what has been going on. I started work a week ago Monday and for some reason my boss made me head teacher. I have no idea why, so basically I can tell the other four teachers to do whatever I want them to. J/K But I do have more work, which includes observations, evaluations, testing new students, organizing home visits, making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be, covering for them when they are sick, plus my own classes that I have to teach. And the extra bonus of not getting paid any extra. But it has not been too bad everyone here is great about picking up their own slack and having great ideas. 
I love the kids here (most of the time) sometimes I want to kick them out of class. I have found that bribery works really well. Or threaten them with beatings. Whatever I am in the mood for. Not really we usually threaten them with sending them to Sherry (my boss) and that usually does the trick. 
The town I live in is fun. Everyone is way friendly and really want to practice their English with us. Or they will speak in Chinese even though we shake our heads and say we don't understand. Its a good time. We still have a lot to explore, and luckily I have 6 months to do that. Until next time...

No comments: