Thursday, January 22, 2009

What Should I Do?

So here I am in Taiwan with plenty of things to do and see, but we are sitting here 2 days before Chinese New Year and we have no set plans. I think it is because there is too much to do and see, we can't make up our minds. We were invited to go east, some friends are headed to Taipei, we hear the islands off the west coast are great. So what should we do? Right now we are looking at going to Taipei, but rumor has it the a lot of people leave during Chinese New Year and less markets are open. How lame would that be if we went and the town was shut down. The only thing I care about seeing is the Pingsi Lantern Festival. Its where they light hundreds of lanterns that people have written wishes on for the new year and then they are released into the air and they float. It looks so neat. It starts on the 26th and goes for about 9 days. So I hope I get to see it. I will keep you informed on the plans. 

No comments: